Supermarkets are changing rapidly.
We can thank, or some would argue blame, disruptive companies like Amazon, Blue Apron and Walmart for pushing the supermarket industry to change — for the better.
Here are my 5 predictions.
- Companies buy space in shopping malls to create distribution centers.
- Robots take over 30 percent of all supermarket clerical jobs/.
- Amazon could create an airline perhaps called ‘Amazon Air’ to reduce cost of shipping.
- Supermarkets consolidate as the competition becomes fierce.
- Food prices plummet due to competition and forces some supermarkets to go out of business.
We will see if any of these predictions come true on some level.
Have a prediction about supermarkets and where they’re headed feel free to share it on my blog